Saturday, November 5, 2011

Relief Society Presidency Message

The message of the RS lesson this week is:
Be a Better Person
In General Conference Oct 2002, Pres Hinckley left us with this counsel:

Gordon B. Hinckley

"I, for one, have made a stronger resolution within myself to be a better person than I have been in the past. I hope that I will be a little kinder to any I meet who may be in distress. I hope that I will be a little more helpful to those who are in need. I hope that I will be a little more worthy of your confidence. I hope that I will be a better husband, a better father and grandfather. I hope that I will be a better neighbor and friend. I hope that I will be a better Latter-day Saint, with an increased understanding of the wonderful aspects of this glorious gospel.
"We can lower our voices a few decibels. We can return good for evil. We can smile when anger might be so much easier. We can exercise self-control and self-discipline and dismiss any affront levied against us."

You can read the full message here.

No comments: